MOVIE #1,092 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 08.02.23 A peak behind the curtain, dear reader: it's January 2024 and I am in the process of adding rev...


Spider Baby

MOVIE #1,092 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 08.02.23

A peak behind the curtain, dear reader: it's January 2024 and I am in the process of adding reviews from spring/summer '23 that I posted on a different website when I, for some reason, decided to stop using this website. This is roughly a 100 reviews that I wrote after I stopped doing the podcast. It's a total slog and I hate it, but I have the unstoppable urge (need?) to house all these dumb critiques in one place. But my review for 1967's Spider Baby is missing. Did I even write one in the first place? Who's to say. What can I say (or what do I FEEL like saying now) about it? Well, not much. I liked this but was a bit bored for stretches. I sort of remember it fondly here 4+ months removed, and Jack Hill intrigues me as an exploitation filmmaker, but I'm gonna leave it at that for the moment. Thanks for checking out this post. And: SORRY!


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,091 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,093 ⫸

Spider Baby: or, the Maddest Story Ever Told is a 1967 American comedy horror film, written and directed by Jack Hill. It stars Lon Chaney Jr. as Bruno, the chauffeur and caretaker of three orphaned siblings who suffer from "Merrye Syndrome", a genetic condition starting in early puberty that causes them to regress mentally, socially and physically. Jill Banner, Carol Ohmart, Quinn Redeker, Beverly Washburn, Sid Haig, Mary Mitchel, Karl Schanzer and Mantan Moreland also star. It was released on December 8, 1967.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.