🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


Clueless


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 281: 07.16.2020

My wife and rewatched Clueless the other night, impulsively, after coming across it on Netflix. It holds up surprisingly well. I thought about holding off on reviewing and doing a Director Focus on Amy Heckerling, but honestly there's not a whole lot there. (I don't have the stomach for two Look Who's Talking movies this day and age. Sue me!)

As I mentioned in the podcast review, I am actively trying to ingest more female filmmakers. I'm woke af and I don't care who knows it! But seriously, it's not something that will just happen. You have to actually watch. Of all the arts, it truly feels like cinema has the biggest gender divide. And honestly, Clueless is kind of ahead of its time touching on this issue and other issues, however tangentially, in its own farcical way. It's proto-woke and somehow not completely annoying for it. Paul Rudd being her brother is still weird.
Completely unintentional, but I'm posting this review almost exactly 25 years to the day after the movie came out! I'm old as shit :(

CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 280 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 282 ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.