🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


Tiny Furniture


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

🎙️ EPISODE 5: 04.04.2015

We'll be meeting in the middle eventually. Here's what's happening: 12 of the first 13 episodes of this show were exactly five and a half minutes long. This constraint was, of course, intentional, and, honestly, not the worst idea I've ever had. I can recall recording them, seeing the purple (?) wav move across the screen from left to right, about to hit that end bumper track, knowing all the while I had to say what I wanted to say in those 5+ mins or... else? Everything is manufactured and nothing is real.

I feel like this score is probably too high. Maybe? This was before the backlash to the backlash (something about a dog, if I recall) and I don't know what the consensus on Ms. Lena is nowadays. Nobody's perfect; what can I say? She does or did a specific kind of thing really well and, yeah, frivolous ain't even the word for how that kind of thing fits into today's world, a scant ten years on, or so it seems. But I do like the idea of having a mom who photographs tiny furniture for a living. At its core, "what the fuck is the point" is still an interesting idea as it pertains to making art about making art.


♫ So all I am saying is give Lena a chance ♫

CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 4 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 6 ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.