MOVIE #1,098 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 08.08.23 Checked this out because I became aware of Mary Houlihan from her funny appearances on The Best Show. I...


CEO Skyscraper

MOVIE #1,098 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 08.08.23

Checked this out because I became aware of Mary Houlihan from her funny appearances on The Best Show. I appreciate the lo-fi/no-fi aesthetic, and I normally dig anti-humor stuff, but this didn’t work for me. I think they were going for a Tim and Eric style “people plucked off the street are now acting” vibe in terms of the cast. They were either the wrong people or the writing/scenarios weren’t suited for them (the moronic dude in the Lean In-skewering first episode was the only mildly successful bit). Oh well.

In other news, this begins a month-long “sky”-themed block of programming on TWO FOR TUESDAYS. I’ll be reviewing eight movies and/or shows with “sky” somewhere in the title every week here in September for some reason.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,097 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,099 ⫸

Vanessa Building is a sweet, well-meaning, naive girl who works in a skyscraper that her dad built. After her business partners go to prison for financial crimes, she must run the largest financial services company in the world all by herself. It was released on July 18, 2019.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.