🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


My Octopus Teacher


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 349: 04.23.2021
I'm a little shocked this got nominated for an Oscar, frankly. (Ed. Note: When you write "Oscar, frankly," you've got me thinking about hot dogs, Jeff. Do better.) It's nice and sweet, on the one hand: white South African befriends a cute lil lady octopus. Awww. Weirdly, though, I couldn't stop thinking about this guy's greater life. What leads a man to have the time to do this? This being: filming himself diving to search for a tiny sea creature every single day for a year. Every once inawhile, we'd peel back and see that (apparently) this man lives in an insane baller mansion overlooking the ocean, right on top of the damn ocean. And then it hits: this is a luxury. I wouldn't choose to go looking for octopi every day if I had that luxury, but I wouldn't not choose to go looking for octopi every day, if you catch my drift.
The flipside of this is Elon Musk, naturally. So you take the good with the bad, and hope for the good. The system's rigged and sucks ass, but it's also hard to argue that the world would be a better place if all the people who had the time to go looking for octopi every day, went looking for octopi every day. Actually, this makes perfect sense for the Academy Awards.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
EPISODE 348D - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 350 ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.