![]() 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 |
🎙️ EPISODE 343: 03.29.2021 This is story is so impossibly dumb that watching it presented here, as a poor man's version of an Errol Morris film (complete with the patented speaking-directly-into-the-camera interview technique alongside the reenactments), only adds to the utter WTF feeling normal human beings will inevitably get when they learn about the brazen and equal parts stupid/evil details of this scandal. In terms of isolating all the myriad levels and methods of stupid/evil and blasting them out for all to see, this works. As a movie, however, this is kind of a hot mess. I have warm feelings for Matthew Modine–who plays the scandal's architect, Rick Singer–and I hope he got paid handsomely for this work here, but literally anyone could have "phoned in" a similar performance and would have been just as fine, if not better given the fact seeing Modine's bad haircut for ninety minutes was distracting. And yes, my use of "phoned in" there has double meaning because 100% of these reenactments are just Matthew Modine talking on his cellphone. |
(PS. In the audio portion, I started to talk about the bloated title of this thing, but don't think I ever finished my thought. What I wanted to say is that the subtitle here is such a bad, tacked-on addition for SEO/algorithms. It's not used onscreen during the film. It's a minor complaint, but it still sucks. OK bye.)
CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ EPISODE 342 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 343B ⫸
⫷ EPISODE 342 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 343B ⫸

0 comments:
Post a Comment