🍿🍿🍿🍿



🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 644: 02.14.23

This movie is of a sub-genre I can't really stomach anymore: the ultra bleak relationship drama. I think, at its heart, it's intentions are good and perhaps it doesn't know exactly how bleak and dreary it really is. I could nitpick several annoying aspects (why do these two Americans refer to soccer as fútbol even when they're amongst themselves?) but my real qualms here are with the bigger picture and I can safely say that this type of film is decidedly "not for me" any longer. I did appreciate that they tried to mess with convention in terms of the editing and nonlinear aspect (maybe the changing aspect ratio to differentiate the time was a tad much). It's told in fragments which is unique and appropriate for how these things (broken relationships) go. You'll find yourself wondering "these are not real people" or "perhaps they are the realest?" And you'll inevitably stack a measuring stick against your own relationship history and, honestly, who the hell wants that?
This is a movie about resentment. And it feels raw and real and the performances are actually pretty good when not totally bogged down by dialogue that stretches just a little too far. But I don't know what purpose these movies serve anymore to someone a step past this stage in their life, and this might be a "me problem" — I'm definitely ready to admit that.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ EPISODE 643 - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 644B ⫸

Pink Wall is a 2019 British independent romantic drama film written and directed by Tom Cullen and starring Tatiana Maslany and Jay Duplass. It is Cullen's directorial debut. It was released on March 9, 2019.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.