MOVIE #1,402 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.27.24 Stop me if you've heard this one, but the wildcard entry for today's TWO FOR TUESDAY, Popcorn (...


Popcorn (2007)

MOVIE #1,402 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.27.24
Stop me if you've heard this one, but the wildcard entry for today's TWO FOR TUESDAY, Popcorn (2007), is… not very good. Who could have predicted this except literally everyone on earth. There may come a time when I discover a hidden gem by engaging in this, umm, process? But today is not that day. I will say that this feels very much like the movie Kevin Smith wishes he could make. And, like a Kevin Smith movie, this gets progressively worse as it goes along. There are a few decent ideas here in what is ostensibly a workplace comedy about young employees goofing off and getting up to hijinks at a cineplex (like the projectionist switching up reels to make a film more cohesive — this is also lowkey about the death of celluloid, folks), but it’s all trapped in a very dorky, bad-looking movie.
I might have brain damage at this point, but this wasn’t the most painful experience. I can’t really recommend it but it is just floating around on YouTube if you’re curious. One joke I thought to make was posting the following video with the quip “Benedetta (2021)” and so I’ll do that now…


Also one character as short hair and then long hair at the end even though this takes place over a single day…

That's just evidence that, yes, I watched the whole thing!




CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,401 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,403 ⫸

Popcorn is a 2007 British romantic comedy film written and directed by Darren Paul Fisher. It was filmed in 2005 at one of London's largest multiplex cinemas, Odeon Greenwich. It was released on March 2, 2007.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.