MOVIE #1,348 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.05.24 ↳ IMPROMPTU JENNIFER KENT DIRECTOR FOCUS . Seeing this with children of my own vs. the first ...


The Babadook

MOVIE #1,348 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.05.24

↳ IMPROMPTU JENNIFER KENT DIRECTOR FOCUS.

Seeing this with children of my own vs. the first time (I think my eldest daughter wasn’t yet one then), things hit differently. I'm not a single parent but I can feel the frustration and sadness that comes with the difficult side of raising kids. This is obviously a movie about grief but I never realized that it’s also about those struggles too. Rewatching it many years later, I can confirm that this movie is still legit creepy, expertly edited for maximum effect in every scene and each shot. I don’t have much else to add as this film has been dissected and praised ad nauseam. No contrarian take here!


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,347 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,349 ⫸

The Babadook is a 2014 Australian psychological horror film written and directed by Jennifer Kent in her feature directorial debut, based on her 2005 short film Monster. Starring Essie Davis, Noah Wiseman, Daniel Henshall, Hayley McElhinney, Barbara West, and Ben Winspear, the film follows a widowed single mother who with her son must confront a mysterious humanoid monster in their home. It was released on January 17, 2014.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.