MOVIE #1,404 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.28.24 I’ve often discussed the difference between adult animation and children's cinema and I unders...


Watership Down

MOVIE #1,404 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 02.28.24
I’ve often discussed the difference between adult animation and children's cinema and I understand this debate can be annoying and, theoretically, every film should stand for itself. The latter can have a little death, sure, but there's a pretty clear line in terms of sex and blood. I don't think the much heralded 1978 picture Watership Down crosses that line, but it does stray into more serious subject matter than most kids flicks (or any movie featuring talking animals). This definitely grabbed my attention and I thought it was going to like it more than I did, but I was struggling to stay engaged in the final third. The aesthetic and fine British cast are the selling points, but I’d hesitate to call it essential viewing (unless you’re looking for something to challenge your kids).


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,403 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,405 ⫸

Watership Down is a 1978 British animated adventure-drama film, written, produced and directed by Martin Rosen and based on the 1972 novel by Richard Adams. It was financed by a consortium of British financial institutions and was distributed by Cinema International Corporation in the United Kingdom. The film was an immediate success and it became the sixth-most popular film of 1979 at the UK box office. It was released on October 14, 1978.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.