MOVIE #1,507 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 04.01.24 • VOLUME LXI • More and more I’ve found that I like movies where nothing much happens. This is a...


Shell

MOVIE #1,507 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 04.01.24

• VOLUME LXI •

More and more I’ve found that I like movies where nothing much happens. This is a rare TRUE RANDOM indie that is really well-made character study. I appreciated how they didn't linger on the beauty of the Scottish Highlands. They're not beautiful to these people. It's simply what they see out of the window day after day after day. It’s a bit concerning that this is the second film in the last three that I’ve watched which focuses on incest (in both instances this was unbeknownst to me going in!), but unlike in The Strange Thing About the Johnsons, it’s handled with care and actually has something to say about loneliness and unhealthy attachment. (It’s still very very bad, though, and I hope I don’t stumble across another ‘incest movie’ for a long time!)

This is the debut feature by writer-director Scott Graham who has helmed two more since — those also have one-word titles that are one letter shorter with each effort: Iona (2015) and Run (2019). Will he make a two-letter film next? Only time will tell. Some options include: Hi, To, Me, Jo, or perhaps a remake of π called Pi? I am open to consulting on this.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,506 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,508 ⫸

Shell is a 2012 independent drama film directed by Scott Graham. It stars Chloe Pirrie as Shell, a 17-year-old girl who lives and works at a petrol station in the remote Scottish Highlands. The film is a broader adaptation of a previous work by Scott Graham entitled with the same name released in 2007. This was released on September 23, 2012.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.