MOVIE 📖 #1,495 • 03.31.24 I REVIEW BOOKS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH I am a big fan of The Important Cinema Club podcast and this l...

Home » , , , » The Journal of Stoogeological Studies: An Unauthorized Three Stooges Fanzine

The Journal of Stoogeological Studies: An Unauthorized Three Stooges Fanzine


MOVIE 📖 #1,495 • 03.31.24
I REVIEW BOOKS ON THE LAST SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH

I am a big fan of The Important Cinema Club podcast and this little book, edited by ICC co-host Will Sloan, was simply too cheap to ignore (under $5 on Amazon!). It’s actually not so little. It’s kind of ‘magazine-sized’ truth be told. I think my end-of-the-month book reviews should just be physical descriptions of what the publications look like. But since I read more than ½ of all books on my phone, this is a stupid statement (in a sea of stupid statements, i.e., this website). I’ve always vaguely liked the Three Stooges. I have some very faded memories of seeing them somewhere as a kid and thinking they were funny. But I’m no super fan, and that’s as good a recommendation as I can give because I read this front-to-back and liked it. I asked my dad if he liked the Three Stooges when he visited over the holidays as I was reading this, trying to spark some conversation, some father-son connection. And he was just like, “yeah, they were funny” and the dialogue immediately ended.




CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,494 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,496 ⫸

Edited by Will Sloan, this is a loving tribute cinema's most enduring comedy team - by Stoogeoholics, for Stoogeoholics. It was released on December 4, 2023.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.