MOVIE #1,735 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 06.18.24 Mumblecore goes found footage horror?! What could go wrong?? As gimmicky as these movies are, I...


Creep (2014)

MOVIE #1,735 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 06.18.24
Mumblecore goes found footage horror?! What could go wrong?? As gimmicky as these movies are, I'm a bit of a sucker for them. This is set-up to be the found footage horror version of Michael Keaton’s My Life... got it. Everything will get the horror treatment eventually. (Weirdly, I was thinking about My Life just the other day too, unrelated to this viewing.) This is extremely creepy and they squeeze out every ounce of jump scares that the limited genre/format allows for. The title is accurate, at least. Dude’s a creep. I'm not sure it really works AT ALL, but I've never seen anything quite like it. Mark Duplass is chewing up this vloggy-core scenery. But the performance is almost too big to register as scary and the premise + the lofi nature of the production, doesn't quite fill in those gaps. Weird little movie that’s definitely watchable if you’re an idiot like myself.
This actually the second Patrick Brice joint I've reviewed: I would recommend his Adam Scott and Jason Schwartzman sex comedy The Overnight as well.



CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,734 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,736 ⫸

Creep is a 2014 American found footage psychological horror film directed by Patrick Brice, his directorial debut, from a story by Brice and Mark Duplass, who both star in the film. Filmed as found footage, Brice portrays a videographer assigned to record an eccentric client, played by Duplass. Creep was inspired by Brice's experiences on Craigslist and the movies My Dinner with Andre, Misery, and Fatal Attraction. Brice and Duplass refined the film's story during filming, which resulted in multiple versions of each scene and several alternate end scenarios. It was released on August 10, 2004.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.