MOVIE #1,819 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.17.24 This is a stretch for the “kaiju” label but it was on enough of those lists that I checked it out. I...


Half Human

MOVIE #1,819 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 07.17.24
This is a stretch for the “kaiju” label but it was on enough of those lists that I checked it out. I found a rough copy with hard eng subs, I think from Internet archive. There's probably a re-release on Blu-ray or DVD that's been restored. I watched this shitty version. There are people who immediately won't/don't take you seriously for this choice. To each their own, I say.

This is AT LEAST 20 minutes too long, and during the boring stretch in the first ⅓ / first hour of the picture, I had the overwhelming feeling that I don't wanna be watching this. I wish I could ingest it in pill form, I thought. I like that it makes me contemplate boredom in such a concrete way. I used my burner to download a piano app and just wrote this song, recording it with my ‘proper’ device. Phone A vs. Phone B, well, not really versus. The opposite of that. Here's the dumb 'song'...


This gets exponentially more interesting if you let it, however. The only joy (probably 90%) is in that letting. You’ll be writing a song on your phone and then — Oh hell yeah, look these fake birds! …


There's a lot of fun yeti action too...



That stretch was easily the best part of the movie. Somewhere in between, I lost the plot on the abusive old mountain man. Never thought in a million years this movie would need a trigger warning for DV but it absolutely does. They eventually settle back into humans wandering through the mountains mode again and it returns to being boring.

CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,818 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,820 ⫸

Half Human (獣人雪男, Jūjin Yuki Otoko, lit. 'Beastman Snowman') is a 1955 Japanese science fiction horror film directed by Ishirō Honda, with special effects by Eiji Tsuburaya. The film stars Akira Takarada, Momoko Kōchi, Akemi Negishi, Sachio Sakai, and Nobuo Nakamura, with Sanshiro Sagara as the Abominable Snowman. It was released on August 14, 1955.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.