MOVIE #1,684 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 05.31.24 When it comes to NEW kids’ flicks, I usually let my daughter make the pick, but this one caught my...


Chupa

MOVIE #1,684 • 🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿 • 05.31.24
When it comes to NEW kids’ flicks, I usually let my daughter make the pick, but this one caught my eye because I’m a sucker for cute/strange creature content. “Chupa” is of course the adorable nickname for the mythical chupacabra, and it’s actually a pretty fresh premise to tweak this piece of folklore to be adorable instead of terrifying. . This is the first American production from Alfonso Cuarón’s son Jonás (there’s a nepobaby around every corner it turns out). This was probably slight but I was still charmed by it. The creature design was cool and it’s always fun to see an actor like Christian Slater show up unexpectedly (in a heel turn, no less!) in stuff like this. It’s also a period piece so I got to talk to my daughter about Gameboys. Totally watchable family entertainment.


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ MOVIE #1,683 - (YOU ARE HERE) - MOVIE #1,685 ⫸

Chupa is a 2023 American fantasy adventure film directed by Jonás Cuarón, and starring Demián Bichir and Christian Slater. Produced by 26th Street Pictures for Netflix. It was released on April 7, 2023.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.