🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿

Home » , , , , , » Some Drinking Implied

Some Drinking Implied


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 300: 01.24.2021 *Review starts @ ~ 27:00

Most online reviews for this product read something like this: “First of all, GBV is my favorite band in the world! But this is too much, even for hardcore fans." And this strikes me as weird because this DVD screams “for hardcore fans only,” as much as any self-released and bloated visual rock band hodgepodge that I’ve ever seen. Take my opinion for what it's worth since I happen to be a big fan and I generally like this aesthetic. It feels like Pollard’s GBV album covers: it’s a moving collage. And it’s a great representation of GBV's so-called classic period. Sure there’s plenty of unnecessary stuff that’s either really random and occasionally really boring, but it’s all cut up with moments of pure lo-fi pop rock bliss. Just like a GBV album.

So I would say, to all you Guided by Voices fans, seek this out if you haven't already. It strikes me as exactly the type of unnecessary project you’ve been waiting to see.


*** part of THE BIG EPISODE 300 EXTRAVAGANZA wherein I reviewed 36 movies, mostly live reads of critiques I wrote between 2009-2012. The finished product above is a highly edited version of the truly embarrassing one that was read during the five-hour podcast recording. I guess this is growing up. ***

THE 36 MOVIES REVIEWED DURING EPISODE 300
30 MINUTES OR LESS • ALEX BAG: UNTITLED FALL '95 • AWAY WE GO • BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD • BEING ELMO • BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM • THE BROTHERS SOLOMON • A BUCKET OF BLOOD •
THE CAMPAIGN • THE CENTER OF THE WORLD • CHRISTMAS ON MARS • THE CHRISTMAS TREE • CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE. • (500) DAYS OF SUMMER • A FIELD IN ENGLAND • FUNNY PEOPLE • GET HIM TO THE GREEK • GIGANTIC (A TALE OF TWO JOHNS) • INCEPTION • JEFF, WHO LIVES AT HOME • LEAVE NO TRACE • MAN ON WIRE • MIDNIGHT IN PARIS • MONEYBALL • MOON • MUTUAL APPRECIATION • POM WONDERFUL PRESENTS: THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER SOLD • RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES • SLEEPWALK WITH ME • SOME DRINKING IMPLIED • TIM AND ERIC'S BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE • TRANSIT • TO ROME WITH LOVE • THE WICKER MAN • WINTER'S BONE • YOUTH IN REVOLT


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ EPISODE 300B - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 300D ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.