🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


Get Him to the Greek


🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿🍿


🎙️ EPISODE 300: 01.24.2021 *Review starts @ ~ 3:53:03

There is an odd trend in comedies these days where they throw you half-baked melodramatics at the end. I suppose they do this to make the character more likable (?). But why? It's a comedy. I don't have to like any of these people. I just have to find them humorous.

And I did! Reprising his role of Aldous Snow from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Russell Brand stars alongside Jonah Hill, who was also in FSM but plays a different character here. They make a terrific pair. Sure, they could have easily cut out 20+ minutes from the final act and the fake rock songs got irksome after awhile, but it’s otherwise a perfectly acceptable comedy.


*** part of THE BIG EPISODE 300 EXTRAVAGANZA wherein I reviewed 36 movies, mostly live reads of critiques I wrote between 2009-2012. The finished product above is a highly edited version of the truly embarrassing one that was read during the five-hour podcast recording. I guess this is growing up. ***

THE 36 MOVIES REVIEWED DURING EPISODE 300
30 MINUTES OR LESS • ALEX BAG: UNTITLED FALL '95 • AWAY WE GO • BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD • BEING ELMO • BORAT SUBSEQUENT MOVIEFILM • THE BROTHERS SOLOMON • A BUCKET OF BLOOD •
THE CAMPAIGN • THE CENTER OF THE WORLD • CHRISTMAS ON MARS • THE CHRISTMAS TREE • CRAZY, STUPID, LOVE. • (500) DAYS OF SUMMER • A FIELD IN ENGLAND • FUNNY PEOPLE • GET HIM TO THE GREEK • GIGANTIC (A TALE OF TWO JOHNS) • INCEPTION • JEFF, WHO LIVES AT HOME • LEAVE NO TRACE • MAN ON WIRE • MIDNIGHT IN PARIS • MONEYBALL • MOON • MUTUAL APPRECIATION • POM WONDERFUL PRESENTS: THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER SOLD • RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES • SLEEPWALK WITH ME • SOME DRINKING IMPLIED • TIM AND ERIC'S BILLION DOLLAR MOVIE • TRANSIT • TO ROME WITH LOVE • THE WICKER MAN • WINTER'S BONE • YOUTH IN REVOLT


CHRONOLOGICALLY
⫷ EPISODE 300iii - (YOU ARE HERE) - EPISODE 300v ⫸

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie. Powered by Blogger.